Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Technology Infused Classroom

       So this week we were asked this very pertinent question about our classroom: Reflect on the idea of what a technology-infused classroom looks like. How do you plan to have a technology-infused classroom? I think most teachers where I work are trying to infuse their classrooms with as much technology as possible and some without even knowing it.

       There are those who turn on the TV and pop in a video and have their students watch it and answer questions. There are those who are not watching as their students use their phones to text the kids in the next room. There are those who use the computer labs to do research and create PowerPoint presentations to share with the class. All of these, although some are not the perfect example are ways that teachers use technology in the class.

       I see a technology infused classroom as one that uses the technology of the day to accomplish great things. I see a technology infused classroom as one that allows students to use their creativity to solve problems. Actually I see the technology infused classroom as one that uses the creativity of the students together with the technology of the day to solve the problems of the future!! There are no limits to what can be done today and never have been any limits.

       Whoever said that everything that will be invented already has been invented is a FOOL. Everyday kids out there are coming up with ideas that are leading the pack for the newest inventions. A technology infused classroom is one where there are no limits on teachers or students. Where the possibilities are endless and the creativity abounds in full force. Where the noise is good because it means there is collaboration, rigor and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment