I can't get past the thought that technology is making us lazy? I mean if you have to use the cash register to calculate the change that someone is going to receive because you do not know how to count money then that makes you lazy, right? I just read a post from one of my classmates that said she had to work with some students and they had no idea how to give change to people because they needed to use the register to figure it out. Is that true or were they just being lazy? I know with my own son if I want something done I have to threaten him with no use of the iPad. He gets up early and gets ready for school quickly so that he can sit and watch NETFLIX before school, but he wouldn't do it if I didn't threaten him with not being able to use it?
Is technology causing
us to be more lax since it can do everything for us? My ancestors come
from Hawaii and New Zealand. I know they use to be able to read the
stars, and the currents, the movement of fish and winds all so they
could do their daily activities. What do I use? My computer and my
phone, my iPad and my calculator? I do math with my kids using IXL.com,
it is a great site, but is it really helping them learn or should they
be having to struggle like we did with PROOFS and FORMULAS in order to
really know their stuff? All of a sudden I am in a quandary and wondering
am I really helping them out by using technology so much?
No comments:
Post a Comment