I was lucky enough this week to go to the Big Island of Hawaii and learn from some of my mentors in the Student Activities World. We had a lot of fun ate more than I can say and learned a lot from each other. While there I learned that I don't know as much as I should in this class. I turned in my assignment and for some reason it would not load. Because I was outer island I had no way of resubmitting my assignment until I returned home. I just realized in looking at the assignment that because it was done in EXCEL it was not uploading. When I changed it to a Word Document it finally uploaded. I knew that it did not work with PowerPoints because I have done a lot of those in the past classes.
With all the technology that there is out there you would think that it would be really simple to change the uploading process so that it would be able to accept all types of submissions. I take it for granted that I have technology and rely on it way too much. My wife and I thought that maybe this summer we would try to have a day where we did not use any technology. I am not sure if i could do it. With work and children it is hard to not use the phone or the computer throughout the day. My kids are constantly stuck to the iPad, which is one reason why we want to try it. Challenge anyone?

No comments:
Post a Comment